Root Beer Pulled Pork Sliders
Everyday is a great day for pulled pork according to my husband. He never gets tired of it. I have made every variation imaginable to just to change it up a bit. No matter what, his favorite is my root beer recipe. It’s a great base that is fine on its own or with added barbecue and toppings.
- 4 lbs Boston butt pork
- 12 oz root beer (unchilled)
- 1 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1 teaspoon sriracha sauce
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt (as desired)
- Place pork in crock pot and add 8 oz of root beer.
- Turn crock pot on high and cook for 8 hours.
- When pork is done, tender pieces should pull apart easily with a fork.
- Drain liquid from pork. Shred pork by pulling apart with fork. Discard fat. Add salt and mix.
- Place brown sugar, hot sauce, an sriracha sauce in a small bowl and mix together.
- Add 4 oz of root beer to brown sugar mixture and stir gently.
- Pour brown sugar and root beer mixture over pulled pork and mix thoroughly.
- Voila! It’s done. From here you can add any barbecue sauce and toppings you choose or eat it as is. Either way, it’s delicious.