Little Red Hen’s Buffalo Chicken Dip
Tailgating is one of my favorite activities during football season. There’s always a bunch of team hype, trash talking, and good food. Buffalo chicken dip is a nice dish you can make ahead of time and bring to a tailgate party. You can serve it hot or cold. Fans of buffalo wings will LOVE buffalo chicken dip. I tried this dish at a bunco party and begged the host for her recipe, which is posted. I’ve tried other buffalo chicken dip (sold in supermarkets), but this is absolutely my favorite.
Buffalo chicken dip is such a fun dish that I really wanted to include it in the fairy tale feast series. The trouble was, I couldn’t think of any fairy tales that seemed like a good fit. Eventually, I came up with “The Little Red Hen”. It’s the story of a hen that finds a piece of grain and asks for help from the other animals to cultivate it. At each stage – planting, harvesting, threshing, milling, and baking – she asks for help and no one assists her. Once she’s done, the little red hen asks who will help her eat the bread, and all of the animals who previously declined now volunteer to help. She declines their offer to help eat the bread and decides to eat all of it with her little chicks. The moral of the story being “of any man will not work, never let him eat.”
- 1 whole rotissere chicken (boneless, skinless)
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 12 oz hot chicken wing sauce
- 16 oz blue cheese dressing
- 8 oz mozzarella cheese
- Shred the chicken and pour the wing sauce over it. Mix it together in a bowl.
- Spread the cream cheese in the bottom of a baking dish.
- Layer the chicken and wing sauce mixture on top of the cream cheese.
- Pour the blue cheese dressing on top of the chicken and wing sauce mixture.
- Spread mozzarella cheese on top of the blue cheese dressing layer.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes.