Black Friday Panini
Holiday 2014 is the year of the Thanksgiving sandwich. I have seen all sorts of variations of turkey sandwiches dressed up for Thanksgiving. Everywhere from the local tea house to the draft house has one. I couldn’t resist trying them all. It’s the perfect thing for a day after Thanksgiving leftover meal. The basic recipe will be really simple and can be tailored to suit your taste.
- 2 slices of bread
- turkey slices
- cornbread dressing or stuffing
- cranberry sauce
- turkey gravy
- Layer turkey, dressing, and cranberry on a slice of bread.
- Top with the other slice of bread to make a sandwich.
- Place sandwich in a sandwich press or grill in a frying pan to toast bread on both sides, then remove.
- Dip the tip of the sandwich in the gravy as an au jus while eating.